Recipe: hotdogs with onion-beets compote and sour cream
Right from the Outdooroven grill: this fancy hotdog recipe takes the standard hotdog to the next level. One to definitely try for your next barbecue night.
- 4 (beef) sausages
- 2 red onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200 grams of cooked beetroots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ginger marmelade
- 125 grams of sour cream
- 1 tbsp horseradish in a pot
- 4 hot dog buns (or similar bread)
- Cress (optional)
1. Cut the beetroot into cubes, cut the onion into rings and press the garlic cloves. Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic, onion and beetroot for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
2. Add the ginger marmelade after 10 minutes and let it all thicken slightly. Remove from the stove and let it cool. Mix the sour cream and horseradish in a separate bowl and add pepper and salt to taste. Place back in the fridge until ready to serve.
3. Heat up the Outdooroven, let it burn for about 15 minutes to get an even temperature in the oven. To see if the oven is hot enough, you can use our Magnetic Thermometer.
4. When the oven is at temperature, you can bake the bread in the oven following the steps on the package. Let the fire die down slightly(don’t add new logs to the fire) until the logs glow. Then place the barbecue grill in the Outdooroven.
5. Grill the sausages on the grill rack until they are done. Turn them regularly.
6. Place the sausages in the hot dog buns. Add the onion-beet compote and sour cream. Optionally garnish with some fresh cress.
This outdoor oven is an eye-catcher in any garden! Enrich your garden or patio with the Outdooroven Original. From bread rolls for breakfast to pizza or sparibs for dinner: the outdoor oven is a real all-rounder and contains an outdoor fireplace, oven and barbecue grill in one. So you can enjoy adventurous meals outdoors all year round. In summer with a cocktail and in winter with a hot chocolate. In the lower open compartment the wood fire is stoked. Above it is a compartment with a lockable flap, in which you can bake. The top of the Outdooroven is flat and warm enough for cooking. The outdoor oven easily reaches temperatures up to 350 degrees and is expandable with various accessories. This iconic design by Dick van Hoff is made of high-quality 3mm thick Corten steel and will last at least 10 years. The outdoor oven comes complete with pizza stone, grill grid and 1 meter stove pipe. Complete your Outdooroven with various accessories. Light a fire, make some goodies in the outdoor oven and chat with your friends while enjoying the crackling wood fire in the background.
The Cutting Board is a wooden serving platter with soft curves, a hole and a remarkable feature: the wood surrounding the hole creates a perfect round tube. The hole is big enough for a thumb to fit through, making it an ideal handle for serving. You can also hang the cutting board to save space in the kitchen.