Recipe: Mackerel, jacket sweet potato and fresh fennel salad
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 2 fennel bulbs
- Fresh flat parsley
- Fresh mint
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 mackerel fillets on skin
- 4 sweet potatoes with skin
- Pepper and salt (to taste)
1. Heat up the Outdooroven and make sure it burns for about 15 minutes to get an even temperature. Pack the sweet potatoes in aluminum foil, place the grill in the Outdooroven and place the sweet potatoes on the grill. They can lay in the fire but turn them regularly with tongs.
2. Meanwhile, clean the fennel, remove the hard parts, cut into parts and then into thin strips. Cut the parsley and mint fine without twigs, or crush into a mortar. Add olive oil, some pepper and salt to the finely chopped herbs and add lemon juice by squeezing the lemon. Mix well and add some grated zest of the lemon. Mix the fennel and dressing in a bowl and put in the refrigerator to keep it cool.
3. Check the sweet potatoes regularly, but let the fire slowly decrease to glowing woodblocks by not adding more logs.
4. Season the mackerel fillets with salt and pepper, and gently spread some olive oil on the skin. Put the sweet potatoes aside and place the mackerel on the grill (if the sweet potatoes are soft and done you can keep them warm in the oven). Grill the mackerel for about 4 to 6 minutes, or longer if necessary. Make sure to keep them away from the fire to prevent them from burning.
5. Put some fennel salad on a plate, take the mackerel fillets from the grill and place it on the salad. Take the sweet potatoes from the grill or from the oven as well, take them out of the foil carefully and cut them in half. Put them on the plate and garnish with the remaining salad dressing.
This outdoor oven is an eye-catcher in any garden! Enrich your garden or patio with the Outdooroven Original. From bread rolls for breakfast to pizza or sparibs for dinner: the outdoor oven is a real all-rounder and contains an outdoor fireplace, oven and barbecue grill in one. So you can enjoy adventurous meals outdoors all year round. In summer with a cocktail and in winter with a hot chocolate. In the lower open compartment the wood fire is stoked. Above it is a compartment with a lockable flap, in which you can bake. The top of the Outdooroven is flat and warm enough for cooking. The outdoor oven easily reaches temperatures up to 350 degrees and is expandable with various accessories. This iconic design by Dick van Hoff is made of high-quality 3mm thick Corten steel and will last at least 10 years. The outdoor oven comes complete with pizza stone, grill grid and 1 meter stove pipe. Complete your Outdooroven with various accessories. Light a fire, make some goodies in the outdoor oven and chat with your friends while enjoying the crackling wood fire in the background.
Protective and sturdy: the leather Weltevree Gloves protect your hands from the heat and sparks of the oven while you chop wood, throw the blocks on the fire or do chores around the house or garden. The Gloves also keep your hands warm in the winter. NOTE: These gloves are not fully heat resistant and cannot be used as oven mitts, they are only to assist in stoking a wood fire on the outdoor oven or nap tub.